Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Suspension


Here I am standing on the Kimberling Creek suspension bridge. As I walked over it - you could feel it swaying back and forth and up and down. I know that all suspension bridges do that - but it does make you wonder - was this built by volunteer's???? Oh - and here is another look at that kilt - must say that I rock it like no other. In some hiking circles - they say the kilt makes the man. After seeing this picture - I would say that its the man that makes the kilt! I have to say - have hiked in it for 3 days now - did a 23 miler yesterday (didn't get in till 9:00 at night - got to set up my tent in the dark and in the rain!) and it was very comfortable and cool. Going to stick with it. Stopped at Pearisburg for the day - have been in the rain for the last 3 days and want to dry out if I can. Picked up my drop and am staying at a hostel.

2 comments:

Morgan Miller said...

HOLY COW - YOU ARE SKINNY!
You are rockin that kilt too.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

there's probably photo's of 50 plus hiker guys throughout your blog. Guess what? You're the only one in a skirt. Sorry, kilt. You're looking for "new paths" and maybe you found one. I'd be careful wearing it in town though and drinking too much...

Brandon