Tuesday, May 27, 2008

one handed wonder




So - several of us come down out of a gap - and there are two SOBO's - Tree and Moonpie. They begin to talk about how cool and intensive the upcoming climb up and down Dragon's Tooth is going to be. Since they just finished it - they were giving us pointers. As they finished talking about how hard it was - I calmly looked at Tree and said, "what about with one hand", his reply was simple, "oh shit". Thought about that all night getting ready for that next morning. I didn't want to do anything stupid - that would cause me to end my trip - but wanted to get as high up as I could. I climbed up on the first of the smaller teeth pictured here. The second picture is the big tooth - Professor Longjohns climbed it - looking like an eagle on its perch - and told me no way should I try it one handed. For once in my life - I listened - and likely a good decision.

No comments: