Thursday, May 15, 2008

do you get tired of these views?


This is pretty much what I get to look at every day. Tough to beat. Question is, does one appreciate it more when you only see it every now and then, vs living here and seeing it everyday? If I lived here - would I take it for granted? Love to hear your comments. Been hiking by myself the last few days - but meeting new people (A Lo Hawk, Fizz, So Jo). Made it up to Bland (130 or 140 trail miles from Damascus). Was planning to go farther but some maintainers said it would be harder to hitch back. Ended up hiking past Bland down to I-77 where I talked to Noah John for a bit - he was heading on. Got a hitch from there back to Bland and to the Dairy Queen. Ate and hung out with New York Minute. He started making us a sign for Damscus so we could hitch when in walked a guy with an AT shirt. I asked for a ride - and he was able to get us down to Sugar Grove. Then hitched from there - got 12 miles outside of Damscus. Hitched again (4th time) and finally into town. Set up at "tent city" for $5 all weekend. Had a free meal at the 1st Baptist Church then on to Dots for some rehydration. Saw several of my old friends (Big Ez, Bloody Mary, Duck Feet, Swammy, Snowplow, Pixie, Hollar, Y2K, C-Bass). Heard that The Breeze just left town - shin splints still not healed. gotta run - but will be in town for 3-4 more days - which is nice- kind of a vacation from my vacation. Which I really need mentally. Broke down the other day - too many choices with what to do with life - a good friend helped talk me through it - and to just take a deep breath for right now. Always good advice. Hope to see more of my friends today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you get used to anything you see every day. Its difficult not to take it for granted at that point, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't love living there.

Unknown said...

The view is great and I love seeing what you're seeing! I just want to tell you again, I LOVE YOU and Uncle and I are PROUD of you.

Life is a journey, not a destination, ENJOY THE TRIP!
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Love & hugs from Aunt Jo