Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Little Pony




Spent the night in Damscus - me, The Breeze, and Half Elvis killed 7 pitchers at Dot's. Just trying to stay hydrated and give back to the trail towns! Everyone else is doing zero's here - but I hiked out the next day - I'll meet up with them again at Trail Days (10-18th). I'm going for 16-18th. Hiked to Thomas Knob shelter and was going to stay there - but Southpaw found someone's Croc and gave it to me since I am faster. Found a note at the sheter that it belonged to Noah John and he was going to the next shelter - so I pushed on. Made it to the next shelter about 10 mins before a huge storm (which would have left me up on a bald - not a good place to be for a storm). I am now even with the trail (someone had carried my hat for 3 days, I carried a guys hat for 2 shelters, left it, then met him later that night, and now have carried a shoe to its owner. ) All is good. Virginia is very rocky - but so far no huge elevation changes. At Mt Rogers was getting water when I heard something coming right at me down the trail. Ended up being about 15 wild ponies - very very cool.

No comments: