Friday, July 11, 2008

good morning


8:00am on a Monday morning - Freebird and I set overlooking a lake - one of the best camping sites I have had so far. We talked how everyone must be getting ready for work - and all we had to do was take in the serenity. After waking up at Carol/Geoffrey's - we ended up hitting trail magic again that night! Met a guy named Paddy-O that has been taking care of hikers for 8 years. Mats to sit on, gator aid, hot dogs, calzones - and his own creation - the "trail bomb". Very similar to the Irish Car Bomb if you are familiar with that. He pours you a Guinness, then you drop in a shot of half whisky/half Irish creme - then slam it all down. Couple of those felt good - and made this next morning easier to take our time. Honestly - I don't drink all the time - but the added calories and carbs do come in handy. I'm like a furnace - food is just fuel to me at this point.

2 comments:

Morgan Miller said...

AWESOME VIEW!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be sitting in this photo right now! Looks awesome Kev!