Wednesday, July 23, 2008

75% done!!!


Freebird and I cleared the 75% mark the other day - but neither of us were feeling well - mind and body are not in a good place. Skipping that diner really had an effect on me - and to be honest - this is getting old - just grinding me down - the body isn't meant for this. No, I'm not quitting - it's just getting really hard - and the Whites and Maine will not take it easy on us for sure. We decided to take a non planned zero here in Manchester Center, VT. Got in yesterday and stayed at Suttons Place, but today are staying at a brand new hostel that opened last week. IT IS AMAZING HERE. Check out the sign Jeff has as you walk in through the door - just 538 more miles to go! Going to rest up and eat as much as I can - when I come off trail I am usually weighing 145 right now, then after a zero get back up to 150 - must be pretty dehydrated normally. Note - haven't weighed 145 since 1992 - when I graduated high school! I'm telling you - if you want to lose weight - the AT will strip it right off. Will be back on trail tommorrow and ready to finish up Vermont and tackle the Whites. Up to 11 or 12 SOBO's now - so its just a matter of time. Peace.

1 comment:

logstaa said...

Yo blaze, what's happening? Manchester, VT eh? You're wearing rocket shoes! I'm taking a much needed zero as well here in Pawling, NY. Man-skirt is still holding up. Can't wait to get up to where you are! Check you later.