Wednesday, April 9, 2008

look - I'm a Tarheel


on day 7 I made it into North Carolina - I must say that mentally it was a huge lift to have one state down. Caught up with people at a shelter that I have been reading about in the shelter logs - Neon, Bone Lady, Oatmeal, Bear Bait and Trout. Still hiking with TR, Roughrider, and The Breeze. Oh and got more to my trail name - Trout thought that The Breeze said Debris - and so around the campfire that night we were all giving each other new names. I was throwing small scaps of firewood into the fire - as I didn't want to get up. Long story short - they started calling me Tiny Sticks because of it. (was Small Wood at one point - so I can't complain). They even started changing it in the shelter log after I left - so for right now - I'm signing in as Blaze 08 aka Tiny Sticks. neat.

No comments: