Saturday, August 23, 2008

this one is for Freebird!

This shot is for Freebird - I am demonstrating "the ol' hubba trick". When we were hiking - we were between groups - and so usually had the shelters to ourselves. We both had MSR Hubba 1 man tents - which take up no more space than we would normally - so we started setting them up in the shelters. Stay dry and no mosquito's. Some how we started calling it "the ol' hubba trick". This was my first day back on the trail. I only did 10.5 miles, killed me to stop at 2:30 in the afternoon - but knew better since I had taken 3.5 weeks off. Big day back - tons of back to back 400' - 600' PUD's. Not easy on me - but a good way to get back to conditioning. about 10 people that night - including Keychain, Zen, and Thinker (haven't seen them since Georgia). Felt good to be back home.

No comments: