Thursday, June 12, 2008

YEAH!!!!!!!


OUT OF VIRGINIA! Counting zero's - it took me 36 days to get into Virginia, and 37 days to get across it. Did another marathon - right at 26.2 white blazed miles. Didn't have the same high - just wanted out of that state. May have to shoot for a 30 miler next. There is the "4 state challenge". In 24 hours you hike 42 miles, going through the statelines of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennyslvania. No thanks. There is also the "Maryland Challenge" - which is to cover Maryland in one day. Think its 33 miles. I might actually try that after I get a zero in Harpers Ferry. I haven't had a day off since May 18th - and I NEED it. This will be my 4th break. Will have taken 2 one day zeros, a two day zero, and a three day zero. Mentally I need off this trail for a break.

No comments: