Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blackburn Trail Center




Stopped in for the night at the Blackburn Trail Center and was greeted with a hot bowl of pasta, a cold soda, and warm cookies. This old house was purchased by the PATC and its caretakers (Eric and Tina) take care of hikers. About 12 of us there last night - all sleeping on the screened in porch. Must have been some holes in the screens as the no-see-ums ate me alive - just like being in a shelter. Can't wait to have my tent mailed to me. Can't sleep on the ground - as the chiggers get me, can't sleep in the shelters - so hot - have to sleep on top of your bag - and then the mosquitoes and no-see-ums kill you. Loved this place- nestled into the side of a mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for no beard, keep the goatee, but that's just me. It's probably easier to let the beard grow out. Big Hugs, Kerri S.