Monday, March 31, 2008

Gear




A lot of people have asked what I am taking. Well - here it is. Really an amazing feeling to know that everything that you actually "need" in life - you can carry on your back. Osprey Backpack, Western Mountaineering sleeping bag (2 - one for 10 degrees and one for 35 degrees), a sleeping pad, clothes (all Icebreaker brand 100% merino wool, and my WM down vest). Food - probars, oatmeal, ramen noodles, candy bars, dehydrated meals, Jetboil stove to boil water for meals. MSR tent and water filter, first aid kit, phone, Garmin GPS, Ipod Nano, Canon camera, and a knife. That's it. Pretty cool. I have already purchased 6 months worth of Mountain House deydrated food - good thing it has a 7 year shelf life - in case I quit. Man do I love those meals - now if only I could get a sponsor . . . .

No comments: