Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Riff Raff


This is what I love about the trail. Was hiking through the rain when I saw a laminated piece of paper attached to a tree. It gave phone numbers and was called the Riff Raff Friendly. Basically, 4 former thru hikers got together and rented this appartment. They would come shuttle you, and the only donation you had to make - was to buy beer for the fridge. I hitched into Oquossoc and they came and picked me up. About 16 hikers there! Took me back to 17 and I hiked to ME 4. They picked me up again! Stayed the night and then took a zero as I was picking up my winter bag and down vest in Rangeley on Monday. Long nights - but good times had by all. They were so well known - that while I was there - the AT Companion (my guidebook) called them to see if they wanted to be listed! Great group of people. Gotta love this trail.

No comments: