Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Maine - everyday



This is pretty much what Maine looks like, everyday (when it isn't raining of course!). I take back about how hard it is, that was just in the south, and I was upset about all the rain. Now that it is dry - how can you not love this. If you have been following this at all - you know how much I love lakes and ponds. Pretty much at the base of every mountain range - there is a pond or lake. This was looking back from the trail head on ME 4 - opposite of Saddleback Mtn. Several tourists had stopped to take pictures from this vantage point. It actually made me a little upset - because I knew that this was the only perspective they would have - they wouldn't see if from the top of a 4,000 footer, nor would they see it from the shoreline. It really becomes beautiful when you see it from all three perspectives and you earn it. I know I shouldn't feel that way - not everyone wants to earn it, or cares about the 3 different views. Just how I was feeling that day.

No comments: